Sunday, June 7, 2009

Goodbye & Hello

After almost 6 years working at The Bookstore and after 14 years working a second (and sometimes a third) job while practicing midwifery, it's finally time to do JUST midwifery. I'm so happy to be able to focus on my passion.

There are a few things I won't miss about "The Bookstore" like cranky customers (there weren't many), booklog blunders, receiving Far Fetched, guys who decorate STICKS to sell for 50 bucks, inventory, waking up with Putumayo songs in my head, and devious shop fairies.

But there are many more things I will miss about the store like happy customers who smell like Dilworth Coffee; chimes on the door; Emory and the other "Brown" boys--Ruff!; our bathroom art; Denese and Dottie; the smell--mmmmmm; dragonflies & turtles & frogs, oh my!; Mother Mary watching over us; waking up with Putumayo songs in my head; and lucky shop fairies who eat peppermints.

At home I have material reminders: magnets on my fridge, suncatchers in my window, windchimes on my porch, art on my walls, smudge sticks and goddesses on my altar, and jewelry on my neck, fingers, wrists, ankles, toes, and ears--ohhh, the jewelry.

And in my heart, forever, I have memories of Teri's laugh and generosity, Courtney's grace, Susan's wit, Rachel's hugs, Geraldine's charm, Kaley's stories, Karen's wing, Erin's smile, Allene's witchery, and Cat's breast where I want to rest my head and fall asleep. Bagettes Rock!

I attended a birth today and my homestretch song was Fancy Talkers by Junior Astronmers--from my favorite new CD. Oh, and in case you haven't heard--I'm opening a birth center!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm definitely going to miss my bagette and her discount and her awesome gifts. But, soooo excited that you will be able to focus full time on births, the new birth center -- and fulfilling your dreams!

Lynn said...

Hey, I've heard of Junior Astronomers! Where did you get the CD?